Elementary 2 - To the rescue



Breakfast is usually a quiet time in our house... but not always.

Helen: Good morning.
David: Morning
Jane: What? Oh, sorry. ‘Morning.
          Where’s Matt?
David: In bed. Why?
Jane: He owes me £10.
David: Oh!
Helen: He doesn’t start work until one today.
Jane: Oh yeah. OK, see you later.
Helen: you need some breakfast. Have a slice of toast.
Jane: Good idea. Can I? Thanks.
David: Hey! That’s my toast!
Helen: Bye
Jane: Bye!
David: Enjoy my breakfast!
Jane:  Oh no!
Matt: Hello?
Jane: Matt. It’s Jane.
Matt: Helo?
Jane: Matt. It’s Jane.
Matt: Hi.
Jane: Listen, Matt, I need your help.
          I can’t find my purse, and it has my cash card and everything in it.
          I think it’s in the kitchen. Could you look for it?
Matt: Uh…  OK. Hold on…
           OK, I’m in the kitchen.
Jane: Can you see it?
Matt: No. Sorry.
Jane: Is there anything on the table?
Matt: There are some plates… there’s Helen’s mug, but no purse.
Jane: How about on the work surfaces?
Matt: I can’t see it. There’s only the newspaper.
Jane: Could you look under it?
David: OK.
            Got it!
Jane: Oh thanks, Matt. I was really worried.
          Can you put it on the kitchen table? I can pick it up later.
Matt: OK. Bye.
Jane: Bye!
           My keys! I don’t believe it!
           Matt, answer the door, please!
David: Tennant and Lowe. David Price speaking.
Jane: Oh David! Thank heavens you’re there!
David: Jane? What’s wrong?
Jane: Everything!
          First I couldn’t find my purse so I couldn’t get any money from the bank.
         And now I’m outside the house, and I can’t find my keys.
David: Where’s Matt?
Jane: He was at home before, but he’s not here now.
David: I can’t get away at the moment…
            …but I’ll try to come back in about twenty minutes. Is that OK?
Jane: That’s brilliant, thanks David.
David: No problem. See you later.
Jane: Bye!
Simon: Are you OK, Jane?
Jane: Oh, Simon! Hi.
Simon: What’s the problem?
Jane: I don’t have my keys. They’re in the house.
          But I think I can get in through that window.
Simon: No, you can’t. It’s too dangerous. I’ll do it.
Jane: OK.
          Thanks.
          Be careful.
Matt: Hi, Jane.
Jane: Hi, Matt. Matt! Where were you?
Matt: I was here.
Jane: Couldn’t you hear me?
Matt: Sorry.
Jane: It’s OK, Simon. Matt’s here.
          He was at home all the time. You can come down now.
David: No, I can’t. I think I’m stuck.
David: Hello, Simon. You all right?
Simon: No, I’m not.
David: Oh, dear!
Simon: Can somebody help me? Please!

David and Matt rescued Simon in the end.
But we didn’t see Simon for a few days after that.
I think he was a bit embarrassed.