Elementary 1 - A new neighbor



Helen – it’s a big day today . We have a new neighbor .
And we’re all very excited. Well. Jane and I certainly are.
David – are you ready? it’s a quarter to seven .
Helen- what time does the film start ?
David- half past seven .
Jane – He’s nice .
Helen- He’s very nice .
David- But not good-looking.
Jane- He is good-looking.
Matt- It’s nearly ten to seven.
Who is that?
David- The new neighbor.
Matt- That’s a nice car.
Jane – I bet it’s fast.
David – That thing ? No  . It’s slow.
Helen- It’s very expensive .
David – It’s cheap .
Matt- Is it ? oh yeah , and it’s horrible .
Helen- Let’s say hello .
David – Now ?
Helen- hello .
Simon- Hi
Helen- I’m Helen .
Simon- I’m simon .
Jane- and I’m Jane .
Simon- Hi Jane .
Helen- Come in and meet the others .
Simon- ok .
Helen- This is Matt .
Simon- Hi. I’m Simon .
Matt- hello .
David- And I’m David .
Helen- Would you like some tea or coffee?
Simon- Oh .  Yeah, coffee please .
Helen- Matt , can you …?
Matt- What. Oh yeah , sure .
Simon- Milk no sugar .
Matt- right .
David- Let me give you a hand .
Jane- Have a seat .
Simon- Thanks .
Helen- So where are you from , Simon ?
Simon- NewCastle .
Jane – David is from Manchester .
Helen- I’m from London .
Jane- I’m from Brighton .
Helen- And Matt comes from Birmingham .
Simon- What do you do ?
Helen- I’m a marketing assistant for Macdougal’s .
The publishing company .
Jane- I’m a Drama teacher .
Helen- David is a lawyer .
Jane- And Matt runs a computer game shop .
Helen- What about you ?
Simon- I’m a journalist .
Helen- Really , where do you work ?
Simon- I work in London for a sport magazine .
Do you know “workout”?
Helen- Know it . I buy it .
Simon- Really ?
Helen- Sometimes .
David- I hate being late for films .
Matt- Biscuits ?
David- No !
Simon- I go to the office most of the days .But on Wednesday and Fridays I work from home .
Matt- Here’s your coffee !
Simon- Oh , thank you .
David – The film starts at seven thirty .
Simon- Oh , sorry. I didn’t realize …
Helen-  Don’t worry . The cinema’s only ten minutes away.
David – Come on Matt , let’s wait in the car .
Simon- Nice to meet you .
Jane- Tell us about your job. Simon .
Matt- The film starts in quarter of an hour .
David- Where are they?
Helen- What do you do at weekends?
Simon- I play tennis, watch football , go to the cinema, go to clubs .
Jane- Do you have a girlfriend?
Helen- Jane!
Simon- It’s ok. No . I don’t actually.
Helen- More coffee? Jane …
Matt- Hang on. I have an idea.
Jane- he doesn’t have a girlfriend.
Helen- He likes tennis.
Jane- But he also likes football.
Helen- And going to the cinema!
David- It’s David. The film starts in ten minutes.
Say good bye to your big boring boyfriend and hurry up.
Simon- Just a moment. Helen , it’s David.
Helen- I really like Simon. Unfortunately.  Jane likes him too .
But I’m not sure if David does .