Beginner 6. Close encounters



Helen: We’re all cleaning the house today. We don’t clean it every Saturday, but today is different. Jane’s sister is coming to visit.
Helen: What does your sister do?
Jane: She’s a student
Helen: What’s she studying?
Jane: Film studies
Helen: Gosh, that sounds interesting. There, finished
Jane: Actually, there’s…
Helen: What time is she arriving?
Jane: Two thirty. I’m going to my yoga class,  and then I’m meeting her at the station
David: Hello. Can you turn that off?
Matt: What?
David: Hello. Can you turn that off?
Matt: Hang on a minute. What did you say?
David: Never mind. Hello
Alison: Hello, can I speak to Jane, please?
David: Certainlly. Who’s calling?
Alison: It’s Alison, her sister
David: Just a moment. Jane, it’s your sister
Jane: Why is she calling now? It’s only twelve o’clock! Hello Ali. Where are you?
Alison: Hi Jane, I’m at the station
Jane: But you are two and half hours early!
Alison: I know, I got the first train
Jane: Ali, I can’t meet you. I have a yoga class at half past twelve.
Alison: That’s ok. I can come to your house by bus
Jane: No, it’s too difficult. Hold on. Can anybody meet my sister? My yoga class starts in twenty minutes
Matt: I can
David: I can
Matt: Please, I hate cleaning
Jane: Ok. Hello Ali, Matt can meet you. There’s a cafe near the station. The Rose café. Why don’t you wait there?
Alison: OK
Jane: Can you meet Ali at the Rose café?
Matt: Sure. What does she look like?
Jane: Hold on Ali, she’s quite tall, and she has long dark brown hair.
Helen: What’s she wearing?
Jane: Hello Ali. What are you wearing?
Alison: I’m wearing a clean coat and a black sweater
Jane: She’s wearing a clean coat and a black sweater
Jane: Sorry? Hold on. How long?
Matt: About fifteen minutes?
Jane: About fifteen minutes, and listen, any problems call me on my mobile
Alison: OK. See you later. Bye
Jane: Sorry, sorry. Hello
Alison: Jane, it’s Alison, where is he?
Jane: Isn’t he there?
Alison: What does he look like?
Jane: He has dark hair and a beard
Alison: Hang on. Is he wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans?
Jean: Yes
Alison: It’s Ok. He’s here, see you later. Bye
Jane: Sorry…
Woman: Just go away…
Alison: I  think there’s some mistake. Matt, I’m Alison. Nice to meet you
Matt: Oh, I’m so sorry. Hi,  I thought…
Alison: It’s OK, let’s go. Sorry about that
Matt: Sorry, I was late. I got a flat tyre
Alison: No problem
Matt: The car is just around the corner. What’s the matter?
Alison: Why are you carrying that bag?
Matt: It’s your bag, isn’t it?
Alison: No
Matt: Then who…?
Woman: He’s wearing a black jeans and a black leather jacket. Yes…and he’s carrying my bag
Helen: We met Alison that afternoon
Jane: Oh, at last! How are you?
Helen: sorry, that evening, after Matt’s conversation with the police.