Beginner 3. Do it yourself




Helen: My room. It’s big, it’s comfortable. But I don’t know, the walls. This chair, everything.

David: Move the bed

Helen: where?

David: How about under the window?

Matt: Put the hi-fi on the chest of drawers. Put the chair in the corner

Helen: I don’t know

Jane: Why don’t you paint it?

Helen: Paint what?
Jane: Paint the room

Helen: I don’t know. I’m not very practical. I don’t like painting. I’m always too busy, I don’t really have time today. I have a lunch appointment at one o’clock, it’s impossible.

Jane: Can we do it for you?

Helen: Really?

David: Yes

Matt: Yeah!

Helen: Are you sure?

Jane: Of course we’re sure!

David: What about the color?

Helen: Oh, I don’t know. Something nice

Jane: Now, don’t worry. You go out, enjoy your lunch, and leave it with us

Helen: Thank you

Jane: OK, Let’s go and buy some paint. Matt, do you want to come?

Matt: Yeah

Jane: Do you want to get dressed?

Matt: Oh, right

Matt: There is a DAY store here

Jane: Where?

Matt: Not on this road

Jane: Ask someone

David: Hang on. Excuse me. Is there a DAY store near here?

*** : Yes, go straight on, turn left at the roundabout. Go down the road and it’s on the right, next to the supermarket

David: Thank you

Matt: How about this?

Jane: Black. There are some really nice colors here. Oh, look. This is lovely!

David: How much is it?

Jane: Sixteen pounds forty-nine

David: Gosh, that’s expensive!

Jane: Hey Matt. This is the same color as your T-shirt! It’s gorgeous! What do you think?

Matt: Yeah, I like it?

David: How much is it?
Jane: Eleven pounds, ninety-nine. How many do we want?

David: Two…that’s twenty-three ninety-eight. Twenty-four pounds, that’s ok?

Jane: Now, are there any rollers?

David: There are some over there

Jane: What do you think?

Matt: It looks great!

Jane: I love it

David: It looks interesting…but good. I like it

Matt: Finished?

Jane: Yes, thanks. I really like this color

Matt: Me too

David: The room looks great! Here she is

Helen: Hello

Jane: Hi Helen, we’re up here

Helen: Can I go in?

Jane: Welcome to your new bedroom

Helen: Oh Matt, your T-shirt

Matt: What?

Helen:  The color, it’s horrible! Ohhh!

Jane: Next time Helen, don’t ask for help. Do it yourself!