Beginner 2. Home movie






There are four people in the house now, and I’m very happy. And Jane? Well, we all like her.

Jane: Morning everybody

Helen: What’s this?

Jane: It’s a video film about my new house and my new house mates. It’s for my sister ALISON.

helen: oh, right

jane: is it ok?

helen: yeah , sure

jane: ok ali, this is the kitchen, and who is this? say something

david: say what? it’s half past seven in the morning

jane: talk to my sister, Introduce yourself

HELEN: GO ON DAVID

DAVID: HELLO, I’M DAVID. I COME FROM MANCHESTER, I’M A LAWYER. I WORK IN OXFORD, THAT’S IT

JANE: WHAT THINGS DO YOU LIKE?

DAVID: I LIKE MY JOB, I LIKE FOOTBALL, SWIMMING,  I LIKE A QUIET BREAKFAST AND I DON’T LIKE VIDEO CAMERAS, AND I START WORK 8 O’CLOCK. SO, BYE

JANE: BYE. DAVID’S NICE, REALLY

JANE: READY?

HELEN: JUST A MINUTE, READY. HELLO, MY NAME’S HELEN. I COME FROM LONDON BUT I LIVE IN OXFORD. WHAT ELSE?

JANE: WHAT DO YOU DO?

HELEN: I’M A marketing assistant for a publishing company. i work in oxford but sometimes i go to the london office. i usually go to work at 8 o’clock and i get home at (6:30) half past six

jane: is it a good job?

helen: it is a very good job. i really like it. what else do i like? i also like good food,  films,  i go to the gym at the weekend, oh and i like to travel. i love france and spain. i speak a little french and spanish

jane: what things don’t you like?

helen: well, i don’t like noise, and i don’t like cigarettes

jane: great!

helen: you’re welcome

jane: where’s matt?

helen: i think mattew’s still in bed.

Jane: Matt? Matt? It’s jane, can i come in?

jane: do you want to be in a film for my sister? just say something. where are you from? Matt, where are you from?

matt: birmingham

jane: here’s from birmingham. what about your job?

matt: shop manager

jane: he’s a shop manager. he works in a computer game’s store. he likes computer games. matt? do you like computer games? and he likes rock music, and he loves his bed. Matt, what time do you usually get up?

matt: half past seven

jane: it’s eight o’clock

matt: it’s wednesday. i start work at one o’clock on wednesdays

jane: matt..it’s tuesday

helen: a perfect start for a perfect day for matthew