Beginner 1. Three plus one






Helen -  This is my house.   It’s not big and it’s not small . But I like it .
Three people live here .  This is Matt .
Matt – Hi , I’m Matt .
Helen – This is David
David – Hello . My name’s David
Helen – And that’s me . Hi , Helen . Pleased to meet you .
So , there are three people . But there are four bedrooms
So today is interview day .
David – What’s your job ?
Guy - I’m a jazz musician
Matt – What do you play ?
Guy - The drums .
Lady - But he’s very quiet … and friendly .   No dogs ?
Matt – Sorry .
Guy - $150 a month ? Great !
Helen - $150 a week .
Where are you from ?
Lady -  Edinburgh . But my job’s in Oxford .  This is a nice house .
Helen – Thanks . We’re happy here .  ok ?
Lady – Cigarette ?
Helen – I  don’t smoke . we don’t smoke , do we ?                                               
David – Er … No .   we don’t smoke !
Helen – Sorry .    This is terrible .
Matt – who’s next ?
David – Her name is Jane  . She’s number eight . She’s the last .
So , Jane , tell us about yourself .
Jane – Tell you what ?
Matt – Anything .
Jane – I’m from Brighton . I’m a drama teacher .   I don’t smoke . I like films . Good food .
Helen – Good food ?
Jane -  Yeah . Italian , French , Chinese  .
Matt – Do you cook ?
Jane – Yes . I’m a very good cook .
David – Do you have a dog ?
Jane – No .
Matt – A cat ?
Jane – No .
Helen – No animals ?
Matt – Do you play the drums ?
Jane – No .
David – Trombone , Violin , Saxophone ?
Jane – Nothing .
Helen – That’s great , Jane . It’s your room .
Jane – Fantastic !
David – When can you move in ?
Jane – Next week ?
Matt – This week ?
David – Tomorrow ?
Jane – Sure .
Helen- Welcome to 53 Blackwood Road .
Jane – Thank you . Thanks a lot .
Helen  - So now there are four of us .